Welcome Back to Ballantyne Pediatric Dentistry
We hope this message finds you and your family in good health and spirits. Our country has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking for a return to normalcy. A lot has changed in our world, but Ballantyne Pediatric Dentistry’s commitment to safety remains of paramount importance.
Our practice has always been focused on infection control, and in addition to what we have always done, we are augmenting our protocols to exceed what is recommended by the American Dental Association® (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational and Safety Health Administration (OSHA).
Our response to COVID-19 is both comprehensive and meticulous:
During our time away from patient care, Dr. Scott and our team have worked diligently to enhance our facility and our procedures to provide the safe, exceptional care that your family has become accustomed to. Here are a few of the measures we have implemented:
- State-of-the-art bipolar ionization air purification system installed in HVAC that is even more effective than UV light-based HVAC systems at the elimination of bacteria and viruses (http://www.iwaveair.com/products/iwave-c)
- Multiple Medical-Grade HEPA/UV-C light purifiers have been stationed throughout the office (https://www.guardiantechnologies.com/air-purifiers-with-uv-hepa-filters-ac4900ca-clean-sup-3-sup-series-22-true-hepa-air-purifier-with-uv-c-by-germguardian-reg.html)
- Readily available hand sanitizer throughout the office
- Entry doors propped open to minimize contact
- Increased sanitization, wiping of all door handles and other often touched areas
- Sneeze shields at check-in/check-out desks
- Daily hospital-grade botanical fogging to augment our facility disinfectant protocols
- While we have had online patient forms for a while, we are adding online patient update forms
- In lieu of printing treatment plans, we will generate them on an iPad to become truly paperless; this iPad will be sanitized between every use
- The usage of a curbside waiting room in lieu of using a standard waiting room; you will experience concierge level service without even having to enter our office to check-in and check-out
- Paperless statements via email and text-to-pay via cellphone
- Integration of contactless thermometers for all patients, staff, and anyone else who enters the office
Upgraded Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- • The addition of N95/KN95 masks for clinical staff
- • The addition of professional, hospital-grade gowns that will be sterilized and cleaned by a professional medical laundry service
- • Upgraded eye protection (goggles/face shields)
- • Masks for administrative team members
We will be modifying our scheduling and minimizing the amount of people entering our office that are not receiving clinical care per CDC and ADA recommendations. Our goal is to maximize social distancing to the best of our ability in a pediatric dental practice. Please stay tuned via our website, www.ballantynepedo.com or our Facebook page for additional updates. We will be adding a link to our COVID-19 consent form on our homepage. The form needs to be read, signed, and returned prior to your child’s upcoming appointment to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 704-831-6444.
Thank you for your trust and confidence in our practice. We miss seeing our wonderful patients and their families. Ballantyne Pediatric Dentistry is looking forward to making your child’s dental home a fun and positive experience once again.
Dr. Scott and the Ballantyne Pediatric Dentistry Team